Potty Training!?!
We had no intention of trying to potty train Carson yet. We had heard that boys were much harder to train and probably wouldn't work until he was closer to 3. This past weekend he started telling us "I go pee pee." Of course, it was always after the fact, but at least he was realizing when he did it. Today, while we were at work, Mimi got him to actually sit on the toilet and pee pee in it for the first time!!! I guess it helps that the 2 other kids she watches, Caelan and Brooke, are both working on getting potty trained. Chris and I were so excited when we got home - you would have thought we had won the lottery. With baby number 2 coming, it would be nice to get one out of diapers before the other one arrives.
We had no intention of trying to potty train Carson yet. We had heard that boys were much harder to train and probably wouldn't work until he was closer to 3. This past weekend he started telling us "I go pee pee." Of course, it was always after the fact, but at least he was realizing when he did it. Today, while we were at work, Mimi got him to actually sit on the toilet and pee pee in it for the first time!!! I guess it helps that the 2 other kids she watches, Caelan and Brooke, are both working on getting potty trained. Chris and I were so excited when we got home - you would have thought we had won the lottery. With baby number 2 coming, it would be nice to get one out of diapers before the other one arrives.
Haircutting Strategy
It was time for another haircut. We didn't want to take him to a salon and have him freak out again, so I attempted it at home this time. First, we watched a Dora episode where she helped Boots get a haircut. Then I gathered my supplies - a lighted mirror, a cup with water, and my IPhone. First, I showed him in the mirror how mommy was going to cut his hair just like Boots got his hair cut. Carson was intrigued with the mirror enough to sit and watch me make the first cut. Then, I let him dip the comb in the water (which he calls agua) and that made him want to keep going. His hair was soaking wet by time I finished because he had to dip the comb after every snip. He eventually lost interest in watching me and started playing his games on my IPhone (technology is amazing). It's not the best haircut, but at least he looks like a little boy again.![]() |
| This is his "smile for the camera" picture. What a ham! |
PICKY EATER
Dinner tonight was spaghetti and green beans. Carson doesn't like tomato sauce, so we just put cheese on his noodles (Parmesan and cheddar). He only eats the noodles to make sure he doesn't leave any cheese behind. The green beans weren't as lucky.
![]() |
| This was his dinner tonight. He so carefully picked all the green beans off his plate and placed them on the table. |




No comments:
Post a Comment