Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday Festivities with Mimi

Mimi did lots of fun holiday activities with the Munchkins.  One day they made ice cream cone Christmas trees.  The idea was to decorate their tree with the M & M's.  Carson would put one on the tree and two in his mouth.  Needless to say, his tree looked sparse and he was hyped up on sugar.  The kids had fun though.


Mimi bought all the kids a remote control car for Christmas.  It took 4 adults to help get the cars opened, batteries inserted, and the cars up and running.  They were a big hit with the Munchkins (although the dogs weren't a fan).  The box also brought lots of entertainment.


Here's Carson with his sugar cookies he decorated.  This was is his first time to make cookies and Mimi said he would put the sprinkles on and then wipe it off with his fingers and eat it.  Mommy and Daddy didn't care - we loved the cookies and he so proudly shared them with us.


The kids also made ornaments to give to their parents.  This glittery train, hand painted by Carson, was probably the BEST Christmas gift I have ever received (and yes, I rank it above the Donny and Marie dolls and stage set I got when I was 9 years old).  It was a very emotional morning for me - how lucky am I to finally have a little boy who makes these precious things for his mommy?  It will always have a place on our Christmas tree.

No comments:

My Family