Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF


Friday mornings used to be so wonderful. Besides the fact that it was the weekend, it was also jean day and usually the end of a long, hard week which we would celebrate with a happy hour. Well, today we experienced a Friday like no other. Our morning started at 3 a.m. Carson was fussy and restless. Alarms went off at 6 (not that we were asleep) and we did our usual morning shuffle. Chris showered while I watched Carson and then I showered. Poor Chris had just gotten dressed and was about to head out the door when he decided to change Carson's diaper. As he laid him down on the changing table, Carson gave his usual morning smile and then projectile vomit flew everywhere! Carson threw up on himself, the dresser, the floor, and on his daddy. All I heard was "Cindy, I need some HELP in here" and I could tell something was wrong. Well, we raced around to clean that mess up which made us both late. My day didn't seem to get any better and Chris had to stop and get donuts for work (WWJH folks know what I mean) which really frustrated him. So, I'm sitting here at 7:00 p.m. thinking about how our life has changed. No happy hour tonight. No late night out with friends. Instead, we are sitting here in our pj's debating if it's too early to go to bed or not.


But, when I look at this cutie pie it is definitely all worth it. Bring on the poopie diapers, snotty noses, and whatever else there is.

1 comment:

Cynda Western Felini said...

It's never too early to go to bed!

My Family