I was proud of myself that I only called home once during the day (my classes kept me pretty busy). I did, however, ask Chris to call home a few times. When we picked Carson up he was playing with his new friend, Brooke, and they were carrying on a baby conversation like I've never heard before. (I think they were talking about us.) Seems like everyone survived the first day - we'll see how day 2 goes.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Back to Work
Well, we survived our first day of daycare (grandma's house) and going back to work. There were only a few emotional break downs over the weekend. Chris kept reminding me that if we didn't want to live in a box under a bridge on Central that I had better go back to work. It's hard to argue with that. Drop off this morning went smoothly - although it took lots of preparation. I am not a morning person and usually have a tough time getting myself up and ready for work on time, but now I have a little munchkin to throw into the mix. We only had one small glitch - we showed up at Grandma's house without any diapers. I had carefully packed extra bottles, bibs, blankets, clothes, etc., but somehow forgot the diapers. Thank goodness we were running extra early this morning so we could swing back by the house and grab some.
I was proud of myself that I only called home once during the day (my classes kept me pretty busy). I did, however, ask Chris to call home a few times. When we picked Carson up he was playing with his new friend, Brooke, and they were carrying on a baby conversation like I've never heard before. (I think they were talking about us.) Seems like everyone survived the first day - we'll see how day 2 goes.
The "hand-off" - Grandma (also known as Mimi) takes over
I was proud of myself that I only called home once during the day (my classes kept me pretty busy). I did, however, ask Chris to call home a few times. When we picked Carson up he was playing with his new friend, Brooke, and they were carrying on a baby conversation like I've never heard before. (I think they were talking about us.) Seems like everyone survived the first day - we'll see how day 2 goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I finally saw Carson over there on Friday morning. I was beginning to think he wasn't even there. I bet seeing the two of them "play" is cute :)
Post a Comment