Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Shock of the Summer

Carson is going to be a BIG BROTHER!!  Who would have guessed that after trying for so long that we would get lucky twice?  Of course we are excited and overjoyed, but at the same time, we're a little nervous.  After all, we aren't spring chickens anymore.  While most people our age already have kids in high school or college, we are just beginning our little family.  In fact, we have a handful of friends (our age) who are already grandparents!!
I took a picture of this positive pregnancy test because I have only seen it twice in my life and I've probably taken more tests than anyone cares to know about.

Today we had our first sonogram appointment.  I was sure everything would be fine because I have been so sick with this pregnancy, but it was a relief to see our little one up on the screen.  She (or he) is 7 weeks and 3 days which makes our due date March 15, 2011.  The baby is measuring about 1 cm - the size of a blueberry (which is what we are calling this little one).  Blueberry's heartbeat was 148 bpm which was just where we wanted it to be.

So, now the hunt for baby names begins.  In my family, we have a tradition of all "C" names (there are 25 "C" names in my immediate family). Since Chris and I both have the same initials "CCE" we decided to name Carson the same way.  We don't want Blueberry to feel left out, so we are probably looking at another "C" name.  The problem is that my family has used up most of the good ones.  We'll have to get creative - how about Cinchristy?

1 comment:

Cynda Western Felini said...

I would be happy to share my name, Cynda. And it's close enough to Cindy to almost be a junior. Of course, if it's a boy, then it won't work. LOL

Congrats again! I am so excited for you!

My Family