I'm a horrible mom! I bit my son's finger. I don't mean play biting - I mean teeth smashing down on his little fingers, screaming bloody murder, real tears running down his cheeks. I was snuggling with him in bed and he was doing his cute little chattering that he always does before he falls asleep. As tired as I was, I tried keeping up my end of the conversation, but my eyes wouldn't stay open. I was in the middle of singing the alphabet with him and just as I got to the letter "t" he stuck his fingers in my mouth.
While I'm confessing, I may as well keep going. Earlier this week I was running late for work (as usual) and just having a really bad morning. I finally gathered everything together and made it out to the car to find that I didn't have Carson's car seat. I had the base unit in my car, but Chris had forgotten to switch the car seat over (yes, I'm blaming him for this mess). I had 20 minutes to drop Carson off at my mom's and get to work. I had no choice but to (as my friend Aurora called it) pull a "Brittany". Ok, not nearly as bad as Brittany - at least I didn't let him ride on my lap while I was driving. Thank goodness my neighbor, Karen, had asked for a ride to work - she sat in the back and held Carson while I drove. I drove extra slow and took the side roads.

1 comment:
Did Chris put you in time out for biting?
Anyway, I mean, who hasn't done the Brittney Spears baby hold? I think we've all done the one where you put the carrier in the car and then later when you get home you realize the carrier was clicked in but the baby wasn't even buckled. Yeah, loved those times.
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment