Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NOT STTN Yet!!!

STTN=Sleeping through the night

He's 8 months old and not even close to sleeping through the night. (Which might be our fault.) We put him to bed usually around 8 or 8:30, he wakes around midnight for a bottle, again at 2:30 or 3 for another bottle and he's up at 6 a.m.

Our doctor said it's time to fix it, so tonight is step 1: We fed him a good dinner, a nice snack right before bed and I just gave him an 8 oz. bottle with rice cereal. I don't think I can let him cry it out so I'm going to try just soothing him and putting him back to sleep without a bottle. Say a prayer for us - we haven't had a full night's sleep in 8 months.

(He's worth it though!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They had a segment on this situation you have on the Today show this am. I thought of you guys. These two moms come into your house and spend the night and get your kiddo to sleep through the night. Good luck. Sleep issues are the WORST. I've had them and I feel for you guys. It is difficult to listen to cries from our children. If only it was one of our worst kids from our classes. I could let them cry it out all night!

Just make Chris listen to him cry and you go drive around in your car. no? just thinking out loud here.

My Family