The operating schedule - (yes, we took a picture of this)
Daddy carried Carson down the hall toward the operating room and then handed him off to the Doctor. I only cried twice - once when the doctor told us about all the worst case scenarios and when the doctor took Carson and headed into the operating room without us. Carson looked over the doctor's shoulder at us and I couldn't stand it.
We were entertained while we waited.
The surgery went great and the doctor was able to do everything he needed to do. After surgery, only one parent got to go back and see Carson. Chris tried to put up a fight, but as you can see mommy won. It was funny to see Carson still under the influence of the drugs. He kept trying to grab at his monitor cords so he could chew on them, but his perception was off and he couldn't quite get them. Once he woke up, he was his normal, happy, sweet self.
We weren't allowed to feed him formula yet, so they gave him some sugar water. This was the first time he's ever had it and I think he liked it. He drank 4 bottles and kept grabbing for more.
All done and ready to go home!
We were very impressed with the doctors, nurses, and staff at Children's Medical Center. They are some of the nicest, most professional people we have met.

1 comment:
You guys blog the nitty gritty! I'm glad everything went well. He is really getting a personality.
Post a Comment