I have never been a big fan of video games - it's just not my thing. I think my brothers had an Atari or some other old time game system when I was younger. My parents never let us "waste" time playing some silly game when there were weeds to be pulled or laundry to be folded. Well...that was until my nieces got a Wii for Christmas. My parents decided to try the bowling game to see how it compared to real bowling. My dad worked in a bowling alley (part-time job) most of my life and so we spent many weekends and evenings around the lanes. We have all been on multiple bowling teams and we even had our very own personalized bowling balls. (Mine was a beautiful pink swirl with my initials in silver.) I knew we were in trouble when my niece called me one night in a panic. She said, "Help, I don't know what to do with Grandma and Grandpa". "Grandpa has thrown his shoulder out and Grandma almost fell down when she tried to throw some hip into her bowling swing."
It has gone down hill from there - the living room is now officially a bowling alley. On any given day, there are competitions going on. Chairs are rearranged for better alignment and you have to be very careful not to walk in front of people bowling - we've had a few injuries (the poor cat).
I will admit that the bowling is fun and I enjoy playing a game or two. Last week they decided to rent some new games and I refused to play. Watch the video of my brother and my niece and you'll understand why. First of all, I don't think my arms would move that fast and secondly, I would be incredibly sore the next morning.
This is Amber boxing - I love the look of frustration on her face.
This is my brother, Craig, and I think the game has something to do with a rabbit and making it run (sorry Craig - I couldn't help but post this).
This game was hilarious - the object was to throw a cow?!?

No comments:
Post a Comment