Friday at 3:30 couldn't have come fast enough. Our plan was to load up the car and head to Oklahoma for the weekend. We didn't realize how long it would take to pack for one little guy. I think we finally stuffed the last piece of baby equipment in the car and got on the road by 6:00. This was Carson's first over night trip so we were very excited. Plus, it was the first time the Dix/Irwin crew would meet Carson. We always enjoy our time with John and his family, but this was going to be an even more special weekend.
Carson slept the whole way there which meant I caught up on my sleep as well. Chris had to drive but he got to listen to his tunes without my input.
On Saturday night, John cooked an incredible dinner (as he always does) and I think there were probably about 18-20 people there (I just know that Carson was in someone's arms the whole evening). It was exactly as I had imagined it would be to have so many people ohhh and ahhh over our little guy. They loved him! Even little Joey loved Carson so much that he was willing to share a piece of his cherry pie with him. I thought Joey was so sweet until I heard about his conversation with Chris. Joey: "How old are you Chris?" Chris: "I'm 12. How old are you?" Joey: "I'm 5. How old is your mom (as he points to me)?" Kids say the darnedest things, don't they?
I put together a slide show of our weekend. I wish I had taken a picture of the snow on Saturday morning - yes, we ate breakfast and watched big, white snow flakes fall to the ground (although they didn't stick). Oklahoma has strange weather - snow in the morning and then a beautiful sunny afternoon. The guys played basketball outside at a park while Carson and I walked around and played on the playground.

1 comment:
LOL! I think Joey's comment says more about Chris than it does about you!!!! :)
Post a Comment