Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby #2 Update

First, I want to say that it is so sad that we still haven't officially committed to a name yet.  We only have 5-6 weeks until this little guy arrives.  The name that keeps getting brought up and one that we both agree on is CAMDEN CHARLES.

We had a doctor appointment yesterday and baby is looking great.  The first thing the sono tech said was "oh my goodness, look at all the hair on this baby!".  I'm worried he may come out looking like his mommy.  I was such a hairy little thing (dark black hair) that my mom will tell you she cried when she saw me (don't worry, 10 years of counseling helped me deal with that - just joking mom).  Baby Ed is measuring big - in fact he's 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  He's measuring in at 6 lbs., 3 oz. and the tech even pointed out the "rolls of fat" on his little body.  I've always wanted a chunky little monkey.  He wouldn't let us see his little boy parts - believe it or not, he was holding it in his hand.  He's a strong kicker and even kicked the sono tech's probe several times.  She did manage to get our first really good shot of his face.  Up until this appointment I had been feeling down and out - just tired and in some pain - but after seeing baby and hearing how well he's doing has made me so excited that soon I am going to get to hold him and touch him and best part - bring him home!!

Carson knows mommy has a baby in her belly, but we're still curious how he's going to react when baby comes home.  He has helped me get the baby's room ready and even picked out little shoes and socks for him to wear today (he placed them on my belly).  He's been nice enough to share food with his baby brother and every now and then will let him "look" at a car or a toy.  When we read books at night, he'll sometimes show the pictures to baby.  My favorite thing is when baby really starts kicking me and Carson can tell I'm uncomfortable he'll tell the baby, "stop baby stop"!


This next video shows Carson saying hi to his brother and kissing him.

1 comment:

Cynda Western Felini said...

I like Camden Charles. It has a nice ring to it.

I loved the sono picture. That was great! I ran across G's sono pics the other day. Those are so special because they are the first time that we really get to see our precious one!

My Family