Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sleeping In His Own Bed

We know Carson can't sleep with us forever - it's just that it was so much easier to have him in bed with us when he used to wake up for those middle of the night feedings. Now it's a bad habit and we haven't been strong enough to break him of this. We have one week left until school starts and we decided we had better get him used to sleeping in his own bed so we can all get a good nights sleep.

Last night was our first attempt. We gave him his bottle, rocked him a little and sang some night-night songs. He fell asleep in my arms and the second I put him in his bed he screamed bloody murder. I let him cry it out for about 15 minutes and then took him to bed with me. Once he fell asleep I put him back in his crib and he slept in there for 6 hours!!!! I went in his room several times during the night to check on him, but he was sound asleep. Seemed pretty easy.

Tonight is our 2nd try and it's not going as well. We did the same routine, fed him, rocked him, sang some songs and put him in his crib. He slept for 30 minutes and now he's in Chris's arms on the couch. We aren't giving up yet - he's about to go back in his crib.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wow! That is exactly why I moved Ian upstairs and into his bed when he turned 7 weeks. I'm glad Carson's sleeping 6 hours in his bed. I'm sure he'll be sleeping better and longer very soon.

My Family