This week has been crazy. I haven't had time to post any updates and believe it or not, I haven't taken any pictures of our little monkey. All I can say is "TAKS Week". Those of you from Texas know what I mean - it's our week of state testing for the students. For 4 days, I have to sit in a classroom with 18 8th graders and stare at them while they take their tests. I can't grade papers, can't answer my phone, can't read a book, can't clean my classroom, and definitely can't lay my head down on my desk. You would think this would be so much easier than teaching 4 or 5 classes a day, but it's not! The days drag by so slow that it's torture.
On top of the testing, I've been worried about the Swine Flu. One of our elementary schools closed for the week and now there are 3 more students in our school district who they think might have it. I'm not so worried about catching the flu - I'm worried they are going to close our school and we'll have to make up the days in the summer. Oh well... just one more thing to fret about.

No comments:
Post a Comment