On Wednesday, I was sitting at my desk while my class read The Diary of Anne Frank when I noticed my computer screen flashing in a strange way. Being the non-computer geek that I am, I sat and watched it self-destruct and eventually crash. Turns out my hard-drive became corrupt (just like some of my students). Anyways, I immediately called 911 (aka the computer help desk) and begged them to send someone ASAP. How could I function without my computer? Then I suddenly had a panic attack when I remembered that ALL of my pictures of Carson from the day he was born were on that hard-drive. I wasn't as concerned about all my lesson plans and school related files. Yes, I know . . . you should always back-up your important documents. Too bad I didn't remember to do it.
So, on Friday (which seemed like an eternity) the tech guy showed up to fix my computer. He is used to working with teachers so he didn't seem too surprised when I told him I hadn't backed up my information. I appreciated the fact that he didn't give me a lecture. After fixing my computer, he very politely (in his broken English) told me "too many photos" as he points to my computer. Really???
I just spent an hour downloading my photos to shutterfly so I can finally get them developed and off my computer. I think I'm addicted to taking pictures of Carson - I currently have over 750 pictures and he's only 6 months old. Is there a 12-step program for me?
My real question is...what am I going to do with all these pictures? Do I stick them all in an album? Where will I house all of these albums? At this rate I'll have a library full by time he turns 2. Do I try and scrapbook them all? I can't even imagine the time that would take. My idea for now is to dump them all in a box, stuff it in the back of the closet and let Carson deal with it when he's older.

1 comment:
Snugglebug is 14 months and I think we are up to a 2 thousand pictures. Thank goodness for digital. I only print the ones for the scrapbook. The rest will stay online for Snugglebug to deal with when he is older.
Post a Comment