Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat

This was Carson's 3rd Halloween, but it was the first one that he actually participated in and enjoyed.  We started the Halloween weekend off with a Trick or Trunk up at UTD.  It was fun, but some of the college students scared him with their costumes - very graphic. 
He dressed up as Thomas the Train and he even had the sound effects for the part (it was so cute).  Amber and Carson went trick-or-treating in style this year.  We were afraid Carson wouldn't walk for long so we let them ride in the jeep.  It worked because we were able to go about 6 blocks before he crashed and burned.
It didn't take Carson long to get the hang of trick-or-treating.  He watched everything Amber did and followed her lead.  There was only one house that scared him and I'll admit I was a bit jumpy myself.  There was a monster of some type sitting on a bench by the door.  I could have sworn it was just a fake decoration.  We weren't scared until the monster picked the perfect time to lunge forward and growl at us.  Amber and I took off running and we left poor Carson standing there in fear.  He was frozen and I had to go back in and rescue him.

This is the moment that the breakdown began.  He started by taking his costume and his hat off and ditching them in the street.  He then picked out a piece of candy and started saying, "bite, bite, bite" and we knew it was all over.  He had also had enough of riding in the jeep with Amber (she tends to slam on the brakes and send her passengers forward into the dashboard).  So, Chris ended up carrying him and his pumpkin full of treats the 6 blocks back to the house.

 Here's the monster checking out his stash of goodies.  Chris said he was like a "kid on crack" - he was obsessed with eating as much as he could shove in his mouth.  I finally had to hide the loot and just listen to him fuss.

So, not only do we have the candy that Carson got from trick-or-treating, but since we were out all evening we have a bunch of candy left over that we had bought for our trick-or-treaters.  I guess we'll take it to school and make some students very happy.

No comments:

My Family