Mother's Day was excellent. I won't get all mushy on here, but I will tell you that after waiting 15 years to become a mommy it was an emotional weekend for me. My defense mechanism was to tell myself I wasn't missing much by not being a mommy. I now know that my life will never be the same. I have an unbelievable love for this little guy and I can't imagine life without him. Even after the many, many sleepless nights, the multiple times I've been peed on, spit-up on and snotted on - I have to say that becoming a mommy has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love EVERY single minute of it.
We went to Oklahoma on Saturday to spend the afternoon with Chris's mom and Aunt. Sunday morning we met my family for a Mother's Day breakfast which was fun. Carson gave me lots of beautiful flowers and plants for my yard and Chris hired some landscapers to dig my flower beds and help me with the yard work (which is what I've wanted for a long time now).
We also had lots of "firsts". Carson sat in a real highchair at a restaurant for the first time. He also ate a teething biscuit for the first time. We were so nervous about him choking that we watched him like a hawk. He screamed bloody murder when we took it away from him (after it got to be too little) so we think he really liked it. After a long day, Carson was so hungry for his bottle that he couldn't wait for mommy or daddy to sit and hold it for him so he held it all by himself.
Carson helped me plant some flowers. He is all boy - he loved the dirt and tried to eat everything he could get his hands on. A few of the plants took a beating. Last week at Grandmas, Carson tried to eat a worm. Uncle Ralph had to help pry his little hands from around the poor worm's body.
Here's what part of the yard looks like now. This is one of the roses bushes I got for Mother's Day. We are slowly getting there - one flower bed at a time.
Opening the card Carson got me for Mother's Day - it was beautiful and yes, it made me cry.
Carson sitting in a high chair like a big boy at the restaurant.
Holding his own bottle and putting himself to sleep. Who needs mommy and daddy anymore?

No comments:
Post a Comment