Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Snow Day

Thursday, February 11 - snowed all day - the most snow Dallas has seen in over 30 years. It was hard to teach today. The kids were begging to go out and play in the snow (I couldn't blame them). Once I got home, I took Brooke, Collin, and Gannon out to build a snowman. Carson was cranky and didn't want any part of the cold weather.

Playing in the snow when you're umm over 3o is different than playing in the snow when you're 8. We started with a little snowball fight - I almost sprang my ankle chasing after the little kids. Pulled something in my hip trying to roll snow on the ground for a snowman. Decided every kid should know how to make snow angels - hurt my neck falling backwards into the snow - destroyed my snow angel trying to get up. Look closely, do you see the snow ball (teardrop shape)? That was the extent of our snowman.

Friday morning we had a snow day and got to stay home from work. This was Carson's first time to really go out and play in the snow. He was cautious at first - didn't want to walk on it. Eventually he liked it and laughed like crazy as he and daddy threw snowballs at the dogs. I don't know how my mom lived in Iceland with 5 kids! It took me 10 minutes to get Carson dressed warm enough to go out. He lasted about 15 minutes outside and then had to come in. Took me another 10 minutes to get all the wet clothes off of him - it didn't help that he was kicking and screaming because he wanted to stay outside and play.


This tree in our yard was beautiful covered in snow and ice.

This is the snowman I had dreamt about building. Wish I could take credit for it. They used a banana for his mouth - super creative.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the snow pics are a little better than the bloody nose pics, but I like a good contrast... nicely done

My Family