Thursday night - I feel a sore throat coming on, no big deal I'll just take some vitamin C and go to bed early
Friday - Woke up with a really bad sore throat, headache and stuffy nose - no big deal - cough drops, box of tissue and I'm good to go - not going to waste a sick day on this
Saturday - Had to work Saturday school, started coughing, feeling a little achy (thought it was just that I didn't want to be at school on a Saturday), still staying strong and we even go to my mom's house for dinner and a night out
Sunday - This illness, or the "beast" as I now started to call it, attacked full force. I was down and out for the count - my throat felt like a tractor had plowed it up and a herd of cattle decided to stomp around on it. Felt achy and spent most of the day in bed - no fun Super Bowl party.
Monday - Couldn't tell you what happened today because it's a blur. Called in a sub and slept the day away. I did drag myself out of bed long enough to see my Dr. He sent me home with a 102 temperature, some meds, and strict orders to stay in bed.
Tuesday - Called in another sub. The morning was a blur, finally broke my fever around noon and realized I hadn't really seen my son in 2 days. Chris took really good care of him and my mom watched him during the day. So, by the afternoon I was feeling a hundred times better and was thankful that the "beast" was on his way out the door (or so I thought). When Carson came home from Grandma's he was screaming bloody murder, running a temperature and completely miserable. The "beast" wasn't finished with us yet. Since we are first-time parents, we had no idea what to do and immediately took him to see the Dr. Dr. checked him out, said he had the start of a cold and would be an unhappy baby for a night or two (understatement of the year). If you've never experienced a sick, unhappy baby at 4 a.m. then you just don't know what you're missing. It's the most helpless feeling I've ever had - there's nothing I could do but sit up and try to comfort him.
Wednesday - The "beast" didn't let anyone sleep last night, Carson's temperature was up to 101, his ear was hurting and I was still feeling weak and achy from my 4 days of illness. The day was full of tears - both mine and Carson's. We took him back to see the Dr. (our 3rd trip in 3 days). She ran a few more tests and wanted to get a urine sample. How in the world do you get a 3 month old baby to pee in a cup??? Well, I learned something new - you don't. They tape a baggie around the wee-wee and we sit and wait and wait and wait. After Carson had a bottle, a nice long nap and daddy even sang the ABC's with him he decided it was time to fill the bag. The outcome was that Carson had his first ear infection (which was so full of liquid that it burst the ear drum) and a cold. Dr. sent us home with ear drops and antibiotics and promised us a happier baby by morning.
Thursday - Since I had missed work for the past 3 days, I thought I should go back to work and Chris called in a sub. Carson woke up smiling, talking and hungry as a little pig. He's had a really good day - no fever, no painful crying spells, and he's gotten plenty of rest. I think we have finally beat the "beast". I have forbidden Chris to get sick so that should be the end of that.
Edwards Family 1 - Beast 0
Since I haven't posted any pictures lately, here's one I took tonight of our little guy sleeping in his comfy teddy bear pj's on our bed. He feels so much better.

No comments:
Post a Comment